(Recipe by kind permission of Bord Bia). Minced Lamb is one of the new lamb options available for speed and convenience
- 1 shoulder of Lamb or Hogget, about 3.5 – 4.5kg (8-10lb)
- 450gm (1lb) Minced Lamb.
- ½ Tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- 1 Onion, finely chopped.
- 1 Tablespoon of Curry Paste
- 1 Tablespoon of Chopped Scallion
Soured Cream Dressing:
- 125ml (¼ pt) Soured Cream.
- ½ Tablespoon of Curry Paste.
- Seasoning, Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper. (Freshly Chopped Parsley if desired)
- 1-2 Tablespoons Chopped Scallions.
To make the Lamb Burgers:
Place the lamb in a large bowl, heat the oil in a pan, sauté the onions. Add the curry paste, cook for a minute or two, and let it cool.
Stir the mixture through the minced lamb, plus the scallions and seasoning. Shape into 4 burgers. (They could also be frozen at this stage)
Heat the grill or barbecue. Cook the lamb burgers for five to six minutes on each side.
Meanwhile, mix the soured cream with the curry paste, seasoning and scallions. Taste for seasoning.
Serve the lamb burgers on a burger bun, with a spoonful of the dressing, salad and some finely chopped red onion and chilli (optional)